September 12, 1700, Maria Hueber and Regina Pfurner started educating poor girls in the Runggad in Brixen (South Tyrol). They encountered great difficulties and hostility. They had no support from the official educational system. Fortunately, the initiative was supported by Prince Bishop Kaspar Ignaz Graf Künigl and officially recognized at the same time with the existing boys' school.
Maria and Regina lived in the Vesammlungshaus, or assembly house, under the supervision of Father Johannes Evangelist Aichberger, OFM, and Father Isidor Kirnigl, OFM. Gradually other women, who had the same objectives, joined these two women and started our Congregation which was confirmed in 1703.